Currently planned intern projects (subject to your skills and interests) may include:
- Work on live transactions: Due diligence
- Platform support: help our portfolio companies succeed
- Research and build MVPs of the startup ideas we are incubating
- Market ourselves and the firm through owned channels, national media, etc.; manage our social media presence
- Operations: Evaluate and work with service providers
- Execute a few new initiatives that we won’t mention publicly for now
- Aid in birthing a new firm
This list will inevitably evolve.
- Work with a very experienced VC and mentor
- Learn about venture capital, particularly fintech
- Learn the behind-the-scenes of building a venture fund (fundraising, ops, etc.)
- Learn how to launch a company
- Learn how to sell/raise money virtually
- If you want to start a company later, we’ll likely be your earliest and biggest backer.
- We’re in the business of meeting the top 0.1% early in their careers. The people you build deep relationships with now will go on to do interesting things
Expertise/skill sets sought
We are open to both undergrad and grad interns. Ideal experience: VC or investing more broadly; strategy consulting; investment banking; product management at a tech company; investor relations/fundraising; sales.
Note that this is designed for someone who’s currently going to school full or part-time, as opposed to someone who’s looking for a new job.
We love working with individuals from diverse, underestimated backgrounds. A few markers we look for:
- You built something nobody told you to build
- Technical, or at least comfortable talking with technical people
- Strong writing/presentation skills valued
- High energy
- Broadly literate about VC/startups. Our industry is very transparent. It’s easy to self-educate, and a bad sign if you haven’t. See Reading list for Associates and Analysts in private equity and venture capital.
- History of associating with high-caliber people
Flexible hours and start/end dates. Minimum 20 hour/week commitment, prefer full time. Hours and location are flexible. We are physically based in NYC but work remotely much of the time.
Please mail careers(@)versatilevc.com:
- a detailed resume (see How to Write a Resume that Sells)
- location and time zone
- writing sample(s)
- availability (hours/week and dates)
- plans for the next year
- a summary of how you think you can add value to a new VC firm