Currently planned intern projects:
- Market ourselves and the firm through owned channels, national media, etc.
- Evaluate service providers
- Conduct industry analyses
- Talk with founders and select startups as partners
- Execute a few new initiatives that we won’t mention publicly for now
- Aid in birthing a new firm
Note that this list will inevitably evolve. As the firm grows, we will need support in origination, financial modeling, due diligence, transaction execution, etc.
- Work with a very experienced VC and mentor
- Learn about venture capital, particularly fintech
- Learn the behind-the-scenes of building a venture fund (fundraising, ops, etc.)
- Learn how to launch a company:
- Learn how to sell/raise money virtually
- If you want to start a company later, we’ll likely be your earliest and biggest backer.
- We’re in the business of meeting the top 0.1% early in their careers. The people you build deep relationships with now will go on to do interesting things.
- Strong focus on mentoring.
Expertise/skill sets sought
We are open to both undergrad and grad interns. Ideal experience: VC or investing more broadly; strategy consulting; investment banking; product management at a tech company; investor relations/fundraising; sales.
Note that this is designed for someone who’s currently going to school full or part-time, as opposed to someone who’s looking for a new job.
We love working with individuals from diverse, underestimated backgrounds. A few markers we look for:
- You built something nobody told you to build
- Technical, or at least comfortable talking with technical people
- Strong writing/presentation skills valued
- High energy
- Broadly literate about VC/startups. Our industry is very transparent; it’s easy to self-educate
- History of associating with high-caliber people
Flexible hours and start/end dates. Minimum 20 hour/week commitment, prefer full time. Hours and location are flexible.
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a detailed resume (see How to Write a Resume that Sells)
- expected compensation
- location and time zone
- writing sample(s)
- availability (hours/week and dates)
- plans for the next year
- a summary of how you think you can add value to a new VC firm.