Versatile VC is particularly interested in working with universities. We work with the academic community along several axes:
- Originate investable companies from our alumni network.
- Recruit students to join Versatile VC and our portfolio companies as employees or interns. See careers.
- Speak on campus. We have presented at universities including Columbia Business School, UC Berkeley Haas, National University of Singapore, New York University, Technion Israel Institute of Technology MBA Program, Wharton School, and Yale School of Management. See presentations to students.
- Partner to execute research on topics of mutual interest. A few years ago, we worked with a team of three Columbia MBAs (ex-McKinsey and BCG consultants) on a research study on Best Practices of Venture Capitalists in Increasing the Value of Portfolio Companies, which became the #1 most-read paper of the year in the Journal of Private Equity. See research topics.
- Advise on university-based angel group initiatives. Our principal founded Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York, now the largest angel group on the East Coast. See Angel Investing 101.
- Partner with faculty and staff in promoting entrepreneurship. For details, see How universities can help students and alumni work in the tech industry.