We respond to your initial approach within 2 weeks of applying.
Most companies receive a quick no, which we think is better than a slow maybe. If we think that we’re a fit, our typical next steps are:
- Initial indication of interest. A 30-60 minute videoconference with one or more of your leadership team. The majority of companies do not pass this initial screen.
- A second indication of interest, within 1 week. A 30-60 minute videoconference where you can ask us any questions you like, and we will likely have followup questions.
- Optionally, further conversations. We may introduce you to a Venture Partner who has great skepticism about your vision, precisely to ensure that we’ve given you a harder test rather than an easier one.
- Formal offer letter, within 1 more week. Once we’ve agreed on terms, we’ll ask you to complete our due diligence checklist.
- Reference calls and other diligence, typically in a 2 week window. In particular, we’ll work with you to develop monthly revenue growth projections based on your historical financials, future growth plans, and industry average growth rates, and agreed-upon metrics.
- Invest! We sign the investment documents and fund our full investment via a wire transfer to your corporate account.