We measure our progress through both traditional and impact KPIs. Traditional KPIs are:
- IRR (and secondarily cash-on-cash multiple on our investment)
- Percentage of investments outside of the major US tech hubs (New York, California, Massachusetts). Target: 50%
- Net Promoter Score from Founders we back. Target: 75.
- Number of investments we make annually per full-time investing team member. Initial target: 12
Our impact KPIs are:
- % of companies we invest in which include (at time of investment) a cofounder or C-level executive who is female/trans. Target: 30%
- % of companies we invest in which include (at time of investment) a cofounder or C-level executive who is an underrepresented minority. Target: 40%
- Percentage of the Inc. 5,000 where we are the first venture capital investor. Target: 1% by 2030.
For more on metrics-based management, see How to run your company based on metrics: what, why, how, who, and when.