We are strictly a financial investor, i.e., our limited partners are paying us to achieve healthy returns, not achieve any particular “impact” goal. That said, we expect that our strategy will endogenously produce progress on a number of Impact KPIs.
We measure our progress through both traditional and impact KPIs. Traditional KPIs are:
- IRR (and secondarily Multiple)
- Firm revenues
- Net Promoter Score from Founders we back
- Number of investments we can make annually per FTE
Our impact KPIs are:
- Percentage of founding teams which are female/trans
- Percentage of founding teams which are underrepresented minorities (BIPOC)
- Percentage of investments outside of the major US tech hubs (New York, California, Massachusetts).
For more on our view of impact in VC, see our interview with Blue Future Partners, a VC fund of funds.